Instructions for ALL Firearm Applications
Please READ CAREFULLY
- Applicants must be a resident of Paterson, New Jersey
- Applicants must be 18 years old for a Firearms purchaser identification card, and 21 years of age for a Permit to Purchase a Handgun.
- If not a citizen, then the Applicant must submit an Alien Card.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY is required. The ONLY forms accepted are
A) PSE&G bill with name and address.
B) W-2 form with name and address. Or
C) a HARDLINE PHONE BILL. (Cell phone bills are not acceptable)
NOTE: Falsification of any form is a crime of the 3rd Degree.
All Documents MUST be typed : NO EXCEPTIONS
Click here to download the NJ App Firearm Purchaser ID card, for a carry permit, the NJ App for Permit To Carry A Handgun needs to be downloaded as well. Click here to download NJ App for Permit To Carry A Handgun:
• Fill in Application(s) on the computer! **MUST BE TYPED**
Click here to download the Consent for Mental Health Records Search:
• Complete ONLY TOP portion of the form
• MUST BE TYPED
• DO NOT SIGN
Click here to download the Firearms Application Reference:
• One letter to be completed by each of the references listed on your application.
• This is to be filled out by your reference and submitted to the Firearms Unit along with a copy of your Drivers License and Social Security Card.
*HANDWRITTEN APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!!
*CROSS OUTS and WHITE OUT will NOT be accepted!!